Westwood Hills was incorporated in 1949. One hundred seventy-five homes are located within the City’s boundaries of the west side of State Line Road, the east side of Rainbow Boulevard, the north side of 50th Terrace and the north side of 48th Terrace. In 2013, Westwood Hills was declared a National Historic District in its entirety.
City affairs are directed and administered by an elected, five member City Council and a Mayor. The Mayor and Council appoint the City Clerk, City Treasurer, Municipal Judge and City Attorney. The Mayor also appoints members to the Planning Commission and a Board of Zoning Appeals.